Love Where You Live is based on six key principles that
supporters have signed up to:
1. Encourage personal responsibility and
2. Work in partnership with neighbours to
3. Take responsibility for keeping your own
immediate area clean
4. Raise awareness and education about the
prevention of littering
5. Make it easy for people not to drop
6. Become an active ambassador for clean,
green places throughout England and the UK
Want more information? Read on....
1. Encourage personal responsibility and positive
We don't believe in passing the buck. We're not waiting for
someone else to fix it. We know we can make a difference, and
that's exactly what we're going to do. When you Love Where You
Live, you take care of it and get things done.
2. Work in partnership with neighbours
to reduce litter
Two's company, three's a crowd and a whole street is an army of
litter pickers. By sharing ideas and resources, we can keep where
we live looking its best and put a smile on our neighbours' faces
while we're at it.
3. Take responsibility for keeping your own immediate area
Love Where You Live is about taking control, not pointing the
finger. We're interested in starting local, focusing on where we
can all make a difference - identifying the small things that
matter without forgetting the bigger picture. It's where we live
and we care what happens to it.
4. Raise awareness and education about the prevention of
People don't always think about the consequences of their actions.
That's why prevention is just as important as cure. We can all play
a part in providing advice and information about recycling or the
importance of clean, green spaces for children to play in.
5. Make it easy for people not to drop litter
It's not just about providing litter bins, although that does help
(as does emptying them regularly). More packaging means more to
throw away means more mess. Love Where You Live encourages
individuals, businesses, local authorities and schools to think
about how we can all help to reduce litter.
6. Become an active ambassador for clean, green places
throughout England and the UK
We think having clean, green places to live, work and play is
important. A lot of people agree. But the more people saying it,
the better. So, spread the word. Wherever you are in England, you
can add your voice to the Love Where You Live campaign. Most
importantly, it's about what you do, not just what you say. Lead by
example - love where you live.
What will you do to
love where you live? We'd like you to sign up, make a
pledge and also choose which of the Six Principles you'd like to